Pure Water

Friday, December 31, 2004

Lose Weight for New Years

Are you one of the millions of people who resolve to lose weight this year? It seems that every year people make a New Years' resolution to lose weight. Unfortunately most of them fail within the first few weeks.

So, why do most people fail in their resolution to lose weight? I believe it is because they want a quick fix. Most people are looking for a way to lose weight fast. While virtually every diet works for losing weight, most of this weight loss is temporary. The weight loss is temporary because when a person stops the diet and goes back to their normal eating pattern, the weight comes back on.

Another reason many people fail at a diet is because the diet is too restrictive. They feel deprived. Most people cannot live very long following one of these restrictive diets. I know I can't. The secret to successful weight loss is to change your lifestyle. You need to find a diet you can follow for the rest of your life.

Don't think of a diet as something you go on for a while to try to lose weight. A diet is just the food you eat. While it may be beneficial to follow a more restrictive eating plan while you are trying to lose weight, you will need to find something that you can maintain forever in order to keep the weight off.

So why should you listen to my weight loss advice you may ask. Well, I don't have experience in losing weight, but I have maintained my weight between 140 and 150 lbs for over 20 years. I am 5'8" tall, so that is a good weight for me. I don't follow any special diet, I pretty much eat what I want. I just seem to want mostly what is healthy. For instance I always use skim milk. I cook my food in waterless cookware for low fat healthy food.

I do exercise to help keep my weight down. No strenuous exercise though. I like walking for weight loss. During the spring and fall I go hiking a lot. During the summer I love to go kayaking. The best thing to do is find something you enjoy. It doesn't feel like exercise, its just fun.


My biggest weakness is chocolate. I love chocolate. I know this is something I could never give up. So I generally have the best chocolate, made without preservatives or artifical ingredients. Just like the gourmet chocolates available at IndulgeInChocolate.com. When something is more expensive, you don't buy as much. Therefore you cannot eat as much. Once you taste the best chocolates, the other cheap stuff just doesn't measure up any more.

If you are looking for a great resource that will help you to lose a sensible 2 to 3 pounds a week without dieting, killer exercises or pills - then I recommend the ebook Ultimate Weight Loss Revealed. It has a lot of sensible and useful information on maintaining a healthy weight. Plus it is guaranteed, so there is nothing to lose.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home